MAX VANREMMERDEN 
Netherlands / Jan 2006
home.tiscali.nl/studio273
home.tiscali.nl/studio273
Artist Bio
FAWMer from 2006-2013.
6 X 28 & 2 X 29 days of FAWM-fun.
Big thank you to all my FAWM friends and their wonderful music.
Thanks for listening.
http://maxvanremmerden.bandcamp.com/album/puzzle
(2013 album)
http://maxvanremmerden.bandcamp.com/album/best-swap-ever
(Eleven years of home recording, free download)
Bye bye !
6 X 28 & 2 X 29 days of FAWM-fun.
Big thank you to all my FAWM friends and their wonderful music.
Thanks for listening.
http://maxvanremmerden.bandcamp.com/album/puzzle
(2013 album)
http://maxvanremmerden.bandcamp.com/album/best-swap-ever
(Eleven years of home recording, free download)
Bye bye !
Songs (16)
1
COME ON AND CREATE
53
Feb 1 2 TIME WILL TELL
19
Feb 1 3 I AMSTERDAM
34
Feb 2 4 WHAT'S GOING ON?
15
Feb 2 5 I'M HERE FOR YOU
16
Feb 4 6 AIR RAID SIRENS! NOW WHAT?
11
Feb 5 7 MY WD-40
15
Feb 7 8
PUZZLE IN MY MIND
29
Feb 9 9 PARTY GIRL
7
Feb 10 10
YOU KNOW ME BETTER
12
Feb 10 11 PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
12
Feb 11 12 YOUR ENERGY
12
Feb 13 13 FRIDAY
6
Feb 21 14 YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD
9
Feb 28 15 REUNION
12
Mar 1 16
CLOSING TIME
28
Mar 1
| 1 | 53 Feb 1 | ||
| 2 | TIME WILL TELL | 19 Feb 1 | |
| 3 | I AMSTERDAM | 34 Feb 2 | |
| 4 | WHAT'S GOING ON? | 15 Feb 2 | |
| 5 | I'M HERE FOR YOU | 16 Feb 4 | |
| 6 | AIR RAID SIRENS! NOW WHAT? | 11 Feb 5 | |
| 7 | MY WD-40 | 15 Feb 7 | |
| 8 | 29 Feb 9 | ||
| 9 | PARTY GIRL | 7 Feb 10 | |
| 10 | 12 Feb 10 | ||
| 11 | PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD | 12 Feb 11 | |
| 12 | YOUR ENERGY | 12 Feb 13 | |
| 13 | FRIDAY | 6 Feb 21 | |
| 14 | YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD | 9 Feb 28 | |
| 15 | REUNION | 12 Mar 1 | |
| 16 | 28 Mar 1 |
Soundboard
Leave a message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first!



































































































MAX VANREMMERDEN / FAWM 2013 Archive
1. COME ON AND CREATE
2013-02-01 @ 06:00am
tags: diy banjo singer-songwriter latin fawm
Lyrics
NOW DON'T TRY TO BE PERFECT
BUT LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES
IF YOU START ON A NEW PROJECT
GO FIND OUT WHAT IT TAKES
COME ON AND CREATE
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
DON'T LET ANYONE DICTATE
AND DO IT YOUR OWN WAY
MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE AND FEEL AT EASE
DOING THE THINGS YOU'LD LIKE TO DO
BE YOURSELF, THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO PLEASE
THE ONE WHO'S HAPPY MUST BE YOU
NOW FEEL THE FLOW
DON'T WAIT FOR ADMIRATION
IF YOU FALL GET UP AND GO
AND DEAL WITH WTH FRUSTRATION
GO ON AND CREATE
AND ENJOY THE WHOLE PROCESS
RELAX AND FEEL GREAT
IN ORDER TO MAKE PROGRESS
MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE AND FEEL AT EASE
DOING THE THINGS YOU'LD LIKE TO DO
BE YOURSELF, THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO PLEASE
THE ONE WHO'S HAPPY MUST BE YOU
NOW ONCE YOU'VE GOT IT DONE
DON'T WAIT FOR AN APPLAUSE
IMMEDIATELY MOVE ON
AND FORGET THE AHS AND OHS
COME ON AND CREATE
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
DON'T LET ANYONE DICTATE
AND DO IT YOUR OWN WAY
MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE AND FEEL AT EASE
DOING THE THINGS YOU'LD LIKE TO DO
BE YOURSELF, THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO PLEASE
THE ONE WHO'S HAPPY MUST BE YOU
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- Vom Vorton - 2013-02-01 @ 06:02am
Love the banjos! Interesting rhythm track too, it complements the strumming rhythm well. And, of course, an excellent message :)
- gerrybhoy - 2013-02-01 @ 06:02am
Max I woz here, but silence overwhelmed me and I had to leave.
- sailaway - 2013-02-01 @ 06:06am
Nice and motivational! Great way to start the month!
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-02-01 @ 06:08am
I like the diy banjo idea. snappy chorus Max!
- wander - 2013-02-01 @ 06:11am
You have a jingly-jangly merry FAWM too. Yee-haw!
- Fresh Spotless Youth - 2013-02-01 @ 06:15am
What a cool groove. That minimalist percussion is great with the banjo. Like your voice. Okay, I need to go create.
- Steven Davies - 2013-02-01 @ 06:15am
Happy to hear Max again!! This is up there with the usual standard which in my book is bloody excellent!! Real passion in this. Excellent vocal performance! Very catchy tune. Stop getting in my head Max I've got songs to do!!! haha!
- Kevin Emmrich - 2013-02-01 @ 06:30am
I am going to have to break out my banjo this FAWM. Dang that rhythm that kicks in is infectious (in a good way!). Very fine first song to start off this February. The lyrics are very fitting, too.
- ductapeguy - 2013-02-01 @ 06:58am
Nice vibe. And thanks for the great introduction to fawm.
- sonicdeatheagle - 2013-02-01 @ 07:12am
Ever inspirational! I needed that.
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-01 @ 08:01am
Good catchy stuff Max, as ever. Loving that banjo! Have a great Fawm
- Donna - 2013-02-01 @ 08:49am
Wonderful inspiration for any event, any time of the year, Max. :) Love the whole groove. Infectious indeed. ;)
- Tinkerbell - 2013-02-01 @ 09:16am
A perfect song for the first day of FAWM. Inspirational and encouraging. Really like the line "There's no one else to please." Yup!
- Tinkerbell - 2013-02-01 @ 09:20am
And I'm with Donna, love the groove!
- lieke - 2013-02-01 @ 09:23am
You got me swinging! there's even a little spanish kind of grove to it! move those hips!
- dustymason - 2013-02-01 @ 09:25am
Love it....but especially when the drums kick in. Some wild accordion in there with a few "yips" and "yelps"...maybe a faint bottle-crash to the floor? Good one...you're out of the gate.
- Phil Bearce - 2013-02-01 @ 09:29am
Very 'Pop'-py feel, I love it! The banjo sounds so cool. This is going to be in my head all day today.
- kidd - 2013-02-01 @ 09:36am
great song Max! love the banjo, but really loved the rhythm behind it. Very cool!
- Todd Norem - 2013-02-01 @ 09:52am
Nice call to arms. I'm ready. I'm willing. Good tune. I like the banjo.
- Thetau - 2013-02-01 @ 10:07am
Love it Russ ;-)
- The Vinyl Flies - 2013-02-01 @ 10:13am
This is very nice, such a perfect first song for the long journey ahead. Super-catchy too; I love the banjo!
- Joshua Schramm - 2013-02-01 @ 10:49am
Thanks for the encouraging song! It has a catchy melody and a great bouncy feel to it while still having a little edge. Nice work!
- mattblick - 2013-02-01 @ 10:55am
This song could make me like banjo! love the bossa beat that comes in in verse 2. One day you're gonna discover lower case letters. And then my life will be complete! ;-) COME ON LOWER CASE YOU CAN DO IT!!! seriously - great start Max as always
- Adam Follett - 2013-02-01 @ 12:40pm
Yes! Only heard understated songs so far, but this is there and in your face. Excellent instrumentation (though sorry I don't like those cymbals much). Vocally spot on, bet you had a lot of run writing and recording this. Subtle harmonies are great too. Am I hearing a little Neutral Milk Hotel influence in here? In that brash emotive vocal..
- Alayna the Alto - 2013-02-01 @ 01:02pm
I love the instrument. It suits the message of the song. I can imagine myself listening to this while painting, writing, or even writing my own music! Very well done. :)
- Nam June Robot - 2013-02-01 @ 01:06pm
I love the sentiment. That's what it's all about, now isn tit?
- Wobbie Wobbit - 2013-02-01 @ 02:12pm
thanks for the sentiment. well done on doing it :)
- Rick Amorphis - 2013-02-01 @ 02:55pm
Love the changes in this one Max! This just sounds so great...for a minute it sounded like Bo Diddley on banjo and swells to a 'Cecilia'-like wall of sound and percussion.
- musicsongwriter - 2013-02-01 @ 04:28pm
Brilliant song, I like the lyric and the delivery. Cool message!
- Michael Epic - 2013-02-01 @ 07:26pm
I love how you change-up and keep it fresh man! I swear you create the soundtrack to life....it astounds me that you aren't this super famous mega star. Your music oozes greatness and with every bar it just gets better and better. The lyrics were so feckin great lol SO GREAT! Bravo man!
- ofishell - 2013-02-01 @ 10:01pm
Max, how do you do it? So catchy, so fun. Another stellar FAWM start for Sir Max! I'm dancing around the room!
- Deaf Steever - 2013-02-02 @ 01:21am
Goddamn, that's catchy!! I love the build-up in instrumentation, too. Just a wonderful piece. Everything about this is fantastic, but that banjo makes it magical!! So vibrant and infectious! :-)
- Benjamin J Spencer - 2013-02-02 @ 04:53am
Upbeat, catchy, hopeful. The final words "You can do it" speak volumes - I'm sure we all have crappy days when we think our tunes suck... well this one certainly doesn't. Kool.
- mike skliar - 2013-02-02 @ 07:22am
Wonderful ,upbeat , inspiring, straight-ahead and telling it like it is ! great work!!!
- Lluis - 2013-02-02 @ 09:12am
As someone who usually wastes precious FAWM time polishing the first few songs, I can definitely take inspiration from this! Love that banjo.
- seemanski - 2013-02-02 @ 04:11pm
Absolutely awesome, great message and delivered in just the right tone.
- ferry0123 - 2013-02-02 @ 09:44pm
Very cool. I love how the banjo drives the song from verse to chorus and back. Nicely sung too. Good work.
- Shay - 2013-02-03 @ 09:25am
"Be yourself, there's no one else to please" -- Fantastic line!! This is just brilliant, I love everything about this. The banjo, the encouraging lyrics, the tempo. I could listen to this one over and over : )
- kathy moran - 2013-02-03 @ 11:52am
Professor Max, I believe you have just created FAWM 101, which should be mandatory for all fawmlings and a healthy refresher for the rest of us who tend to lose sight of what we're supposed to be doing out here.
- marklberry - 2013-02-04 @ 08:20am
Up front percussion and your banjo work always rock. I love this song.
- websheldon - 2013-02-04 @ 05:41pm
This is the second song I've listened to saw far of FAWM 2013 and what has happened this year?? Very impressive. Very nice arrangement in the back with the vocal flowing up and down over the top... the arrangement does it for me though! Catchy and quirky. Good job.
- zanstrumfeld - 2013-02-06 @ 01:28pm
This song is AWESOME. That is all.
- Hoss Jaeger - 2013-02-06 @ 08:51pm
That is some very snappy banjo and a very unique combination of sounds. I like the insistent rhythm. And the message is very encouraging. Great title.
- Errol - 2013-02-08 @ 03:42pm
Allloooo! I can't believe I haven't left you a video comment yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6Pi3OKiw0 I thought I did...
- Kenjku - 2013-02-14 @ 05:08pm
Nice song! Caught my ear Immediately. So many layers of goodness!
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-18 @ 11:16pm
Hah! Advice for yourself and your fellow FAWMers for the 2013 challenge! Nice one, and I usually cannot stand banjo but it really made this tune fun.
- the awkward sleep - 2013-02-25 @ 10:26pm
!! brilliant banjo love. thats what i'd say. i don't like banjo's normally but the way you incorporate it here is great. fantastic lyrics as well!
- Eric - 2013-02-26 @ 12:46am
I love the rhythm and the plucky banjo! And the sentiment of the song makes me want to write music, or at least sing along. Yes, this is definitely one for all us FAWMers to sing along with!
- sherrycanary@Sherry Somach - 2013-02-27 @ 08:08pm
Words of wisdom, for sure. Live the latin-y feel using a banjo. Now that is creative. You are so versatile Love your voice on that one. Had to come by and say hi...especially since we collaborated before!
- devin - 2013-02-27 @ 10:55pm
Great song and sound Max!
- Flo Paris - 2013-03-01 @ 03:42pm
This is perfect! The essence of FAWM for sure. The percussion is great. I love the flow of the verses to the chorus as as well and the chord progressions of each. So good! Well done, sir.
- Daniel Jacob - 2013-03-02 @ 06:35am
What a fun 'jiggly' feel to this one with such a great message. I dig this and I dug it more and more as I listened. Superb work, Max! I loved these lines: NOW ONCE YOU'VE GOT IT DONE DON'T WAIT FOR AN APPLAUSE IMMEDIATELY MOVE ON AND FORGET THE AHS AND OHS One suggestion on that line is switch the order of "Ahs" and "Ohs" to make it "ohs and ahs". I think it'd rhyme a tad better with "applause". Going back for a second listen :)
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:53pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
2. TIME WILL TELL
2013-02-01 @ 02:03pm
tags: diy singer-songwriter
Lyrics
IS IT GOOD OR IS IT BAD TIME WILL TELL
SOMETHING TO KEEP OR TO FORGET TIME WILL TELL
IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY TO SAY TIME WILL TELL
WHETHER OR NOT IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY TIME WILL TELL
IS IT OKAY AND GOOD ENOUGH TIME WILL TELL
WILL IT LAST AND GET SOME LOVE TIME WILL TELL
IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO SAY TIME WILL TELL
EVERYTHING CREATED WILL ALSO STAY TIME WILL TELL
TIME TIME WILL TELL
TIME TIME WILL TELL
DOES IT LIVE ON OR WILL IT PASS TIME WILL TELL
DOES IT END HERE OR WILL IT LAST TIME WILL TELL
NO IDEA, WHO'S TO SAY TIME WILL TELL
WHAT IS RUBBISH, WHAT'S OKAY TIME WILL TELL
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- dan3636 - 2013-02-01 @ 02:06pm
This is Amazing!
- expendablefriend - 2013-02-01 @ 02:14pm
Dude, this is catchy!
- Rick Amorphis - 2013-02-01 @ 02:15pm
I like when you sing in this Iggy-ish, world-weary voice. I'm convinced now that time will indeed, tell.
- wander - 2013-02-01 @ 02:26pm
Agree with @rickamorphis, I love your Iggy-ish voice too (as I already said last year). When will the good half-naked man himself show up and do some songs here?
- The Vinyl Flies - 2013-02-01 @ 07:19pm
MAX's second song! Dang, you're on a roll so far. Nice layering with the vocals, I like how they overlap and play off each other. Keep it up.
- Michael Epic - 2013-02-01 @ 07:29pm
Man, you're on fire! Can you do this 24/7 all year 'round or does it just come rising out of you like a phoenix on February 1st? I love how this song sounds NOTHING like the first song but I would expect to hear it in something like "Lemony Snickets" or "Doctor Who" or in some high budget Vaudeville performance! I loved the vocals and the backup harmony vocals....it just added that extra bit of crispness that this song needed! Your vocals in this song also kind of remind me of "She Wants Revenge" and I really like them....so 1,000,000 thumbs up on this one (where would I get 1,000,000 thumbs!?)
- Frances - 2013-02-01 @ 10:48pm
I hear a bit of Johnny Cash here as well as Iggy - and that's a catchy hook!
- Adam Follett - 2013-02-02 @ 02:59am
It's Neil Diamond! Good work man, I like that your songs are quite brash where 99% would go for the cliche subtle angle
- musicsongwriter - 2013-02-02 @ 02:16pm
Oh yes, it is good, really good! Very inspiring song!
- Greg Lines - 2013-02-03 @ 01:24am
Mate, this is great. Definitely some Johnny Cash in there but also some Primal Scream/Charlatans feeling in the vocal timing. You always set such a high bar. :-)
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-03 @ 05:29am
More lovely stuff Max. Really like the register of your voice on this one and the power behind it. Deep lyrics too.
- kathy moran - 2013-02-03 @ 11:48am
Clever way of choosing lyrics that can be applied to things besides the fawm process. Not everyone can repeat a phrase that many times and not lose my attention but you've got it right here. It gets people singing along almost immediately so you know they're going to stay with you.
- nightengale - 2013-02-03 @ 08:48pm
Welcome back to you too Max! I think its great how you incorporated so many "time will tell" ideas, and was able to repeat the hook so many times and it works so well here!
- Michael Aquino - 2013-02-04 @ 11:00pm
The repetition of "time will tell" is pretty haunting. Has a classic Johnny Cash vocal feel to it. Thoroughly enjoyed.
- buckshotgeorge - 2013-02-07 @ 05:39am
Good job! Great lesson with that for me, that it's okay to keep the language simple and still say what you want to say.
- mattblick - 2013-02-08 @ 05:15pm
This has got a great timeless feel. I could imagine it done in a jangle pop 60's arrangement like the Byrds. Good work
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 09:58pm
Instant classic! I could see you getting an audience singing along with you within the first few refrains, even on their first listen, and I know everyone in the room will be tapping their feet - unless of course they get up and start dancing that is!
- arkka - 2013-03-05 @ 10:48pm
Great song! Perfect voice for this!
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:53pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
3. I AMSTERDAM
2013-02-02 @ 07:04am
tags: diy challenge accordion banjo street-organ enthusiasm singer-songwriter
Lyrics
WELL YOU'VE PROBABLY NOTICED
WE SAY WHAT'S ON OUR MIND
WE LIKE TO BE STRAIGHTFORWARD
IT'S OUR WAY OF BEING KIND
WE'RE TRYING TO SURVIVE THE MADNESS
WE LAUGH TO SHARE THE PAIN
TELLING JOKES TO DEAL WITH GRIEF
IT KEEPS US VITAL IT KEEPS US SANE
A TRADITION OF FREE THINKING
FIRST REPUBLIC IN MODERN TIMES
WE LOVE OUR INDEPENDENCE
WE MAKE SURE WE'RE FEELING FINE
OH YES I AM
I AMSTERDAM
WHEN SOMEONE IS IN TROUBLE
WE REACH A HELPING HAND
WE REALLY HATE HYPOCRISY
I'M SURE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND
WE RESPECT ALL RELIGIONS
BUT WE DON'T WANT THEM TO COMMAND
OH YES I AM
I AMSTERDAM
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- ofishell - 2013-02-02 @ 07:16am
Yes, yes, yes, Max! Such an amazing way to musically give a history lesson. I hope this makes it to Dutch radio!!! Wel goed!
- mike skliar - 2013-02-02 @ 07:17am
Everything about this is wonderful ..the instrumentation is unique and striking, great melody and chords, and a great lyric ..makes me want to move to Amsterdam !!great work!!!
- Rahel - 2013-02-02 @ 07:17am
This is cool! Why don't you put the lyrics?
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-02-02 @ 07:26am
Oh ......... the mix needs to be adjusted, I hear..... Damn!
- natrin - 2013-02-02 @ 07:27am
Cool sound and good production. Keep it up!
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-02 @ 07:28am
Another keeper! Good take on the city theme and digging those lyrics MAx. I also Amsterdam!
- toms - 2013-02-02 @ 07:30am
This is awesome. Great instrumentation. I have no idea if it captures the character of the city, but it certainly presents a very strong image. (An idea, not about the song, but this mix: I'd like to have heard the vocals with a bit less reverb, but that's just me.)
- Kevin Emmrich - 2013-02-02 @ 07:36am
very cool sound -- I am really liking the mix of instruments on this. re: lyrics, trying posting to notepad and then copy from notepad into FAWM -- maybe that will work. (oops -- the lyrics just appeared!). Great instrumentation and the vocals are mighty fine, too. The title is unique, too -- especially the way you deliver it.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-02-02 @ 07:41am
working on the mix ....... please revisit this song later :)
- Lluis - 2013-02-02 @ 08:17am
hah, fun tune! Been to Amsterdam recently and it's nice to revisit through music. This kinda reminds me of '20s Paris too for some reason, that kind of parlour song. If you're gonna work on the mix I'd recommend turning things down a little in your DAW, sounds like it's clipping in some places! Rock on brother!
- sapient - 2013-02-02 @ 08:17am
Oh, this is excellent! We all Amsterdam (oh, it doesn't really work in the plural, does it?)...
- headfirstonly - 2013-02-02 @ 08:31am
I Amsterdam too, for sure. Nice one, Max!
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-02-02 @ 08:47am
This has a distinct and sweet sound, kudos for the lyrics too!
- lieke - 2013-02-02 @ 09:21am
nice country-feeling, and easy going. and I'm glad it's about the real nature of people of Amsterdam, not about the standard things like the red-light-district or smoking pot, etc. :) but hey, you are Amsterdam so great job!
- arthurrossi - 2013-02-02 @ 09:30am
I have been in Amsterdam several times and I always enjoyed it a lot... What a great city, full of life, such a wonderful mix of cultures... One of the cities that has retained its original spirit... Lovely lyrics and excellent execution! Compliments!
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-02-02 @ 10:31am
New mix is up....good enough....on to the next one.
- JRamoneWI - 2013-02-02 @ 11:20am
Fun song! Good start, Max. Keep rockin'! \m/
- Daniel Jacob - 2013-02-02 @ 07:40pm
Wow, what a great voice, Max! It totally suits the song, the song suits it. What a great couple. A really clever Randy Newman-esque creep with a REALLY clever wordplay. Wonderful!
- Steffan Pitzel - 2013-02-02 @ 09:48pm
This is KILLER! Love the arrangement. Your voice sounds awesome. Love it.
- Timothy Bracken - 2013-02-03 @ 08:59am
freaking awesome banjo, vocals, everything. Great execution of the city challenge. Dig it!
- kathy moran - 2013-02-03 @ 11:44am
Great song, Max! I wish more Americans would learn, use and respect the English language as well as you have. It's good to see someone showing some national pride and a refreshing change.
- wander - 2013-02-03 @ 05:01pm
Couldn't agree with you more as a fellow IAmsterdammer, Max. I think the relaxed swinging nature of the song corresponds very well with Amsterdam in general and many of its neigborhoods.
- tinam - 2013-02-03 @ 06:33pm
my goodness youve been busy max! i havent heard anything like this since the lovin spoonful & its a great sound so simple ... you do a tremendous vocal i cant imagine me wanting to write a son g about basildon my home town unless i want to ridiculed
- marklberry - 2013-02-04 @ 08:23am
Max, your English is A+ Great song. I also love Amsterdam, and haven't been there in 16 years.
- AXL - 2013-02-04 @ 01:08pm
As usual I enjoy your singing very much. Great phrasing, particularly the first line. Personally, I haven't gotten further than Eindhoven yet, but this will change, I'm sure.
- The Vinyl Flies - 2013-02-04 @ 09:38pm
"I AM, I AMSTERDAM"...I love it!
- Nam June Robot - 2013-02-05 @ 01:52am
Brilliant!
- nadia thomas - 2013-02-05 @ 09:48am
aaaaah, max! i haven't listened to any of your stuff yet this year, but this was a great one for me to pick first! the banjo is a great touch. i am amazed by those of you who can straight up produce a near-finished product in a matter of hours during FAWM! this song--both tune and lyric--is very clever. love it.
- "Papa Joe" Kretschmer - 2013-02-06 @ 01:52pm
The only time I was in Amsterdam was spending the entire night at the Amsterdam airport when my flight from Germany to Ireland was delayed. But I definitely want to see the city itself the next time I go to Europe! (Oh--good song, by the way.)
- Frances - 2013-02-07 @ 11:31am
Nice work! Like the twangy banjo and the accordion on this!
- Jacob Morales - 2013-02-07 @ 07:28pm
Nice sweet tune and clever use of the I am, I Amsterdam.
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:01pm
Ha! "We like to be straightforward, it's our way of being kind" is a great lyric, and I've had a few Dutch friends who had the same philosophy - one I share by the way! All of these lyrics are great, and I like the idea of being the voice for your home city. By the way, accordion and banjo are typically two instruments I really, really do not like, but I do enjoy this song immensely Max!
- dustymason - 2013-03-03 @ 12:38am
I love this love-of-place anthem. The banjo is such a down-home sound too... down-home- Of, relating to, or reminiscent of a simple, wholesome, unpretentious lifestyle, especially that associated with the rural southern United States (or Amsterdam, apparently).
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:53pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
4. WHAT'S GOING ON?
2013-02-02 @ 06:15pm
tags: diy edm dance fun fridaynightedm challenge
Lyrics
THIS MUST BE FAWM
COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HERE
WHAT'S GOING ON?
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- ofishell - 2013-02-02 @ 06:43pm
What's going on is another fun track from Max! I feel like I'm in the club! What does EDM mean?
- Steffan Pitzel - 2013-02-02 @ 09:49pm
Hahaha. Hell yeah, dance party.
- sajoli86 - 2013-02-02 @ 09:57pm
clever and catchy. way to be :) the kids i'm babysitting are totally digging it right now...it's their favorite so far!
- Augustus - 2013-02-03 @ 12:29am
This is terrifying. I love it :D
- Adam Follett - 2013-02-03 @ 03:47am
Nice! Pure early 90s dance!
- sapient - 2013-02-03 @ 04:17am
Those are some mighty big, dark beats. Here I am trying to write something, and all I can do is listen to this and bounce about in the cave... ;)
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-03 @ 05:37am
Another good catchy tune Max! Gives me an idea....
- kathy moran - 2013-02-03 @ 11:55am
Maybe there should be a tag for fawmcast themes if we don't already have one. I like this because I've been listening to a lot of softer stuff and needed to get my pulse up so I'll get my butt moving. It reminds me of some of my favorite stuff that got me moving.
- Ken Ficara - 2013-02-03 @ 01:12pm
Little bit jungly there -- nice work.
- sentense - 2013-02-03 @ 02:38pm
This IS FAWM! :-D
- wander - 2013-02-03 @ 04:27pm
Max! Could you tell me what's going on here? Were you visiting MAZZO a lot in the late eighties?
- marklberry - 2013-02-04 @ 08:25am
Since you didn't post the lyrics, you made me listen up much closer. Very clever. This is definitely my type of song. Bravo, bravo.
- Jacob Morales - 2013-02-07 @ 07:25pm
Mmmbop.
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:07pm
Aw yeah, Max you make EDM sexy and sophisticated! This song makes me imagine FAWM as a dream state that all of us are transported into each February. Even though we have been here before, we can't shake the confused disorientation, disbelieving everything we see in this chaotic but beautiful soundscape as we repeatedly utter the incredulous affirmation: "this must be FAWM..."
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:53pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
5. I'M HERE FOR YOU
2013-02-04 @ 06:22am
tags: diy acoustic singer-songwriter guy-with-guitar
Lyrics
LET IT ALL OUT
NO NEED TO HOLD BACK YOUR TEARS
IT IS ALRIGHT
IT'S OKAY TO TALK 'BOUT YOUR FEARS
I'M HERE FOR YOU
I'M HERE FOR YOU
I UNDERSTAND
DO REALISE I'M HERE FOR YOU, YOU'RE NOT ALONE
YOU NEED A HUG
YOU GOT ME ON YOUR SIDE YOU'RE NOT ON YOUR OWN
YOU WILL SURVIVE
LET ME HELP YOU TO GET THROUGH IT, IT'S OKAY
I CARE 'BOUT YOU
I'M REALLY SORRY YOU'RE IN SO MUCH PAIN
I'M HERE FOR YOU
I'M HERE FOR YOU
LET ME SAY, I WILL STAY, NO NEED TO PUT AWAY
AND ONE DAY YOU WILL LAUGH AND YOU'LL BE OKAY
Comments
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-04 @ 06:32am
Very nice! I like the slow/fast switches in the lyric delivery. Wow, I also love the vocal parts that sing at the same time, very fun to listen to. This song works really well. (Oh, and I sure wish I could finger pick a guitar...)
- Fresh Spotless Youth - 2013-02-04 @ 08:03am
Your voice has found its sweet spot here. I second @secoop's thoughts about the slow/fast delivery. That's a cool backup vocal toward the end. This could be the prelude to a huge rocking number.
- Donna - 2013-02-04 @ 08:05am
I always love your pickin' and singin', Max. :) Simple, comforting lyric, and a pretty melody. Nice layering.
- devin - 2013-02-04 @ 08:36am
Nice one Max! I can dig it :-)
- Ken Ficara - 2013-02-04 @ 12:20pm
Great picking -- and I love the way the harmonies get a just a touch strange in the chorus.
- wander - 2013-02-04 @ 06:21pm
Sweet. Is it for someone specific?
- dustymason - 2013-02-05 @ 05:17am
Love the intertwining harmonies. And of course the sentiment is beautiful....you're a state treasure! Do they know that?
- The Cool Side of Your Pillow - 2013-02-06 @ 05:02pm
I like this one best! And your first one is awesome too of course
- kathy moran - 2013-02-06 @ 08:59pm
I LOVE the way you layered the vocals near the end. I wish it went on longer. This was a perfect song for tonight as I read a few postings by friends who were dealing with sadness tonight. Your use of English is just fine and also your use of punctuation is excellent. Wonderful song, Max.
- caterwauler - 2013-02-07 @ 09:38am
This guitar picking is going to remain stuck in my head for a while. The vocals in the end are totally awesome. There's a sightly melancholic feel in the voice I really enjoy.
- Lori Citro - 2013-02-07 @ 02:52pm
Nice voice and guitar picking. Like the end arrangement...makes me think I need to get fancier.
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:11pm
Very catchy, especially the main guitar part.
- Marije - 2013-02-23 @ 09:49pm
Wat lief en rustgevend :)
- Flo Paris - 2013-03-01 @ 03:43pm
Max, I love your voice. Truly, every year I look forward to listening to your stuff. Love the combo of your voice over the softer guitar work. Another great one!
- Roy Estel Hughes - 2013-03-01 @ 10:50pm
lovely song, you have a great voice. With some recent losses in my family and in my girlfriend's family I have been around some crying or hurting people for sure., so this song seems particularly appropriate at this time. thanks for writing this.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:54pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
6. AIR RAID SIRENS! NOW WHAT?
2013-02-05 @ 06:24pm
tags: diy singer-songwriter things challenge
Lyrics
SO YOU THINK WE'RE PREPARED
AND WE KNOW WHAT TO DO
YOU MAY TEST THEM EVERY MONTH
BUT I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE
AIR RAID SIRENS I NEED TO HAVE SOME BATTERIES
AIR RAID SIRENS NETWORK'S DOWN AND NO TV
SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?
WHERE'S THAT OLD RADIO?
WHERE DID IT GO?
IS IT AN ATTACK?
IS IT AN EMERGENCY?
IS IT REALLY TRUE?
DO THEY SOUND ACCIDENTALLY?
I KNOW THERE ARE SHELTERS
FOR THE GOVERNMENT
THERE ARE NO CELLERS
AT MY NEIGHBOURS' OR MY FRIENDS'
AIR RAID SIRENS IS THE WATER OKAY TO DRINK?
AIR RAID SIRENS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK
SO HOW ABOUT YOU?
WHERE'S THAT OLD FLASHLIGHT?
WHERE DO WE HIDE?
WE'VE BEEN SAFE AND FREE
SINCE WORLDWAR II
IF SOMETHING HAPPENS NOW
NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO
AIR RAID SIRENS IS IT A NUCLEAR ATTACK?
AIR RAID SIRENS DO I NEED TO HOLD BACK?
SO IS IT REALLY TRUE?
WHEN DO WE HEAR
IT'S ALL CLEAR?
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- johnstaples - 2013-02-05 @ 06:31pm
Great song! I love the way you used the sound f/x and blended them into the music. Your voice sits nice in the mix. Good job! On the subject of the song I have long suspected that most (all?) of the stuff we do like drills and stuff are more for the public perception of feeling safe than for actually saving everyone/anyone! Kinda like the strange dance we now do at airports before boarding a plane.
- ferry0123 - 2013-02-05 @ 07:36pm
Great mix, very nice song, cool driving beat. Every time you sing air raid sirens, I can't help but wanting you to sing 'sirens' higher. Keep up the good work!
- headfirstonly - 2013-02-06 @ 08:18am
Great opening to this one - and another very accomplished song. Keep 'em coming!
- orinoco - 2013-02-06 @ 01:15pm
This is great, love the sound effects behind the quieter second verse. Very catchy melody, lyrics are really good too. The percussion is excellent as well.
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-06 @ 08:39pm
This is fantastic! Great idea and really put together well. :)
- Michael Aquino - 2013-02-06 @ 09:35pm
As the first to take up the " #Things Around You" challenge, I applaud you! Nice use of the actual recorded sound. Rhythm and melody are catchy as hell. Lyrically you touch on a real point, we are so consumed in our microscopic, handheld worlds that many people would be caught with their pants down if there is a real emergency. Great work, Max.
- caterwauler - 2013-02-07 @ 09:34am
Oh I love the air raid sirens! Awesome song Max, hooked me instantaneously :)
- Eric - 2013-02-08 @ 06:49am
Great song! They still run the fire alarm/siren once a month in some U.S. towns I've been to. It can be confusing! I really dig your guitar strumming pattern :)
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-02-09 @ 12:37pm
Looks like I'm the only one doing this challenge :/ http://fawm.org/forums/topic/45 #things
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:16pm
Very, very cool song idea - and I love that you captured the sirens for the demo! Great lyrics, great chords, great production - this is my favorite thus far Max!
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:54pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
7. MY WD-40
2013-02-07 @ 11:01am
tags: diy singer-songwriter banjo product
Lyrics
I NEED SOME IN THE MORNING
I NEED SOME LATE AT NIGHT
WHEN THINGS ARE KIND OF RUSTY
WHEN IT GETS A LITTLE TIGHT
SQUEAKING!
LET'S DO IT NOW LET'S DO IT RIGHT
YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED
SO GIVE IT TO ME
MY WD-40
I NEED IT WITHIN REACH
SO I WON'T RUN OUT OF LUCK
IF IT MAKES THAT AWFUL NOISE
IF THE MOVING PARTS GET STUCK
SCREECHING!
LIKE AN ANGRY CAT , A FRIGHTENED DUCK
YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED
SO GIVE IT TO ME
MY WD-40
I USE IT FOR THE HINGES
AND THE PEDALS OF MY BIKE
A FEW DROPS ON MY TRIPOD
OR THE STAND OF MY MIC
SKREAKING!
IT'S THOSE NOISES I DON'T LIKE
YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED
SO GIVE IT TO ME
YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED
SO GIVE IT TO ME
MY WD-40
SO GIVE IT TO ME
SO GIVE IT TO ME
MY WD-40
WHEN IT NEEDS TO GET LOOSE
I WILL USE A SQUIRT OR TWO
WITH MY WD-40
I'M SURE THAT WILL DO
CREAKING!
IT'S THE BEST FOR ME AND YOU
YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED
SO GIVE IT TO ME
MY WD-40
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- samsorrow - 2013-02-07 @ 11:08am
This is very cool. lyrics, instrumentation, everything. Digging this.
- wickedmessenger1 - 2013-02-07 @ 11:16am
This is a nice, catchy tune with that time-honored convention of double-entendre. I'll probably be humming this all day. I think you'd do better to rhyme "need" and "me" with "W dee" and then say "40" after a pause. Forcing "forty" into the rhyme seems awkward.
- randyxpher - 2013-02-07 @ 11:31am
If the makers of WD-40 had any sense, they'd snap this song up for a series of commercials aimed at younger consumers - playing behind images of diffident hipster youth greasing up various accoutrements of their lifestyle. I really do like this - it has that kind of Beck-esque careful carelessness about it that's really hard to pull off well. Really cool!
- benjaminsson - 2013-02-07 @ 01:05pm
Like this song a lot :-)
- alboe - 2013-02-07 @ 01:05pm
Very entertaining song, nice lyrics and I probably won't get the melody out of my head the rest of the day.
- Neil - 2013-02-07 @ 03:05pm
Hey Max - a fun song, very likeable and quirky. I really liked the "moving parts get stuck" and "pedals of my bike" lines but just fun to listen to. You're getting better at adding in these layers gradually.
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-02-07 @ 04:26pm
You're sounding a bit like my old British Seagull outboard motor which demanded a shot of WD40 hooch down it's throat on a bad day, except your arrangement is so much better! ;)
- wander - 2013-02-07 @ 05:14pm
Love your comment, @timfatchen! What more is there left for me to say about this new max gem? Unfortunately, I don't have any machinery that sounds like max...
- Billy Sea - 2013-02-07 @ 11:30pm
Fun song Max :)
- derekburkins - 2013-02-09 @ 11:54am
BANJO!!! Awesome groove. . . and I like how it builds. Nice!
- Helen - 2013-02-22 @ 08:26pm
This made me grin.
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:20pm
Fun song, I really love the instrumentation that comes in on the 2nd verse. Banjo actually sounds cool when palm muted, I would have never guessed! ;-) The subtle innuendo "you know what I need so give it to me" works well, and your vocal harmonies are really tight.
- ductapeguy - 2013-02-28 @ 03:05am
Nice job Max. I am known as ductapeguy because I'm "that guy who wrote a song about ductape". You can find it at http://www.ductapeguy.net/seanmedia/Audio/08-%20Duct%20Tape.MP3 , You only need two tools in your toolbox. If it needs unstuck, use WD40. If it is loose and needs to be stuck-- use duct tape.
- lieke - 2013-02-28 @ 05:31pm
This is so much fun! Great melody, very catchy! I love that banjo-sound! nice one Max!
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:54pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
8. PUZZLE IN MY MIND
2013-02-09 @ 06:52pm
tags: diy singer-songwriter
Lyrics
FEELS LIKE A MAZE
TRY TO GET OUT
AND LOOK FOR A SIGN
LOTS OF PATHWAYS
NARROW CORRIDORS
GO FIND THE FINISH LINE
NEED TO NAVIGATE
SEARCH A WAY OUT
THEN ADD AND COMBINE
A LABYRINTH OF THOUGHTS
A PUZZLE IN MY MIND
CONNECT ALL THE DOTS
PAINT THE PICTURE
REVEAL THE IDEA
SEEM TO BE LOST
IDENTIFY STRUCTURE
AND TRY TO CLEAR
A LABYRINTH OF THOUGHTS
A PUZZLE IN MY MIND
TRY NOT TO GIVE UP
WORK ON A SOLUTION
THE ANSWER'S IN YOUR BRAIN
EXPAND YOUR DOMAIN
EXPAND YOUR DOMAIN
KALEIDOSCOPE OF LIGHT
ALL KINDS OF COLOURS
NUMEROUS SHAPES
SLIDE LEFT TO RIGHT
DIFFERENT PIECES
PUT THEM INTO PLACE
NEED TO SOLVE IT
PAIR UP NUMBERS
SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO
SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO
FIGURE OUT THE CLUE
Comments
- Shay - 2013-02-09 @ 07:18pm
The beginning of the music in this immediately reminded me of that movie titled "Juno". One of my favorites : ) I really like the lyrics, they have the feel of a puzzle yet we have the answer all along and just need to dig deeper. Write on Max!
- Compulsory Science Project - 2013-02-09 @ 07:59pm
Really like this. Like the driving guitar and percussion. Like the plinky plinky things that comes in after a while. The words are nice too; optimistic introspection: a really nice sentiment.
- Steven Davies - 2013-02-09 @ 08:17pm
This has a real driving song quality about it. It really holds a great deal of wide open road to it. I could listen to this driving along to the country. Excellent work. Did I mention that your performance and lyrics are very good too?!
- alboe - 2013-02-10 @ 01:50am
This one's very nice, I agree that it would make great car-music
- AXL - 2013-02-10 @ 02:57am
Great song about the songwriting (and pretty much any problem solving) process. I like the music as well, specifically the driving little background melody.... But... I'm probably halluzinating but something in the percussion(?) sounds to me like someone is making smacking noises with their mouth and I find it extremely unsettling!!
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-10 @ 04:07am
Another groovy tune Max. I must make the effort to stop by more often as I'm never disappointed. Quality stuff sir!
- Adam Follett - 2013-02-10 @ 08:23am
Love this! Not sure what's in the production, but it doesn't sound conventional to me... but either way, it sounds great and the guitar and beat sounds really good together. Vocally spot on too.
- Steffan Pitzel - 2013-02-10 @ 10:40am
Love the feel of this. Just keeps pushing forward but doesn't feel hurried or rushing. Sounds great.
- wander - 2013-02-10 @ 12:19pm
This is one of the best songs I heard from you Max. Your voice and the arrangement are beautiful and shimmering.
- cyrion - 2013-02-10 @ 04:40pm
Max, I really like the production on this song! It just sounds so professional! Overall great song.. I see why this is one of your favorites! ;) Cheers!
- Nam June Robot - 2013-02-10 @ 07:04pm
Loved this one. Very positive and inspiring to me.
- Roy de Smet - 2013-02-11 @ 05:36am
Sounds amazing, Max! A bit The National-esque.
- seemanski - 2013-02-11 @ 04:21pm
I am loving all the sounds that are going on in this song. Your vocals have a Mark Lanegan feel as well. Really well done.
- The Cool Side of Your Pillow - 2013-02-13 @ 02:44pm
It kind of reminds me of Johnny Cash, and Elliot Smith, but it's quite different at the same it, I really like it!
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-18 @ 11:08pm
Exceptional work as always Max! I really love the flow and energy of this song, especially the main guitar chord progression. Very full and vibrant guitar sound too!
- Rick Amorphis - 2013-02-24 @ 11:45pm
A beautiful rendering of introspection. It goes with the way I'm feeling today and I find it very moving. I'll be playing this one again.
- mike skliar - 2013-02-25 @ 12:33am
This grabbed me from the beginning...really fine all the way around! Expand your domain..well put!
- Nick Dickies - 2013-02-25 @ 03:59pm
You have a really dreamy song going on here, intensified by the abstract lyrics. Note: streaming doesn't work over here.
- the awkward sleep - 2013-02-25 @ 10:27pm
beautiful guitar work, catchy right off the bat, great stuff.
- johnstaples - 2013-02-28 @ 04:17am
The music sets just the right hectic tone for the lyrics! Builds so well as it approaches your voice. Then your voice actually surprises me with how laid back it is! Very nice contrast! The lyrics are excellent covering so many types of puzzles, mazes, etc. Really great song!
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-28 @ 12:56pm
This song has such a cool vibe to it. I love the guitar sound and rhythmic main riff. It's simple but keeps the listener's interest for the whole song, with the melody line. I loved the lyrics - pleasantly abstract with great imagery. :)
- Flo Paris - 2013-03-01 @ 03:45pm
LOVE the beginning of this song and the slow layering of percussion and guitar--and then your voice. Perfect! Couldn't stop listening to this one.
- izaak - 2013-03-01 @ 09:12pm
Clean and driving sound from the outset. Excellent production in blending the acoustic guitar and later banjo with sampled sounds and electronic beats. Your bass voice is captured wonderfully also... adds a real depth of character to the piece. I like the carefully chosen repetitions: "Expand your domain" and "see what you can do" and the melody that backs them as with many of the phrases is great stuff one phrase up, one phrase down. The rhythm |1 2 3&4 & & & &4& | is just hypnotic! No problems with the English at all. Thanks for sharing.
- managerjohn - 2013-03-02 @ 03:15pm
Great track, Max! Nice musical layers and interesting lyrics. Mighty fine all around.
- Aaron Zvi - 2013-03-04 @ 01:04am
Wow, that was beautiful. Just had one if those magical music moments listening to this - you had me in another world for a few minutes. Thanks
- Dan Hilton - 2013-03-05 @ 09:06am
This is great too! As has been said below I'm getting The National vibes as well. Your voice has such a great tone. The arrangement is really interesting and I can't quite put my finger on everything that's going on (I guess this is a good thing!). Nice one :-)
- hoops - 2013-03-07 @ 02:46pm
Love the big layered sounds, lovely guitars and percussion, really relaxing feel and superb vocal performance. The understated 'lead' melodies are really effective. Excellent work.
- sentense - 2013-03-10 @ 11:20am
Perfect. Must download it for some warm summernights, when lying in the gras and watching the sky
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:54pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
9. PARTY GIRL
2013-02-10 @ 10:50am
tags: diy indie-rock
Lyrics
PRETTY GIRL TELL ME WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
ANOTHER CLUB? DRINKING 'N' ROLLING
PARTY ALL NIGHT TILL MORNING LIGHT
NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIVING FAST
THERE'S NO CHANCE YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT POPPIN'
FEEL THE NEED FOR THE BOOZE 'N' DROPPIN'
PARTY ALL NIGHT TILL MORNING LIGHT
NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIVING FAST
WORKING HARD SO YOU CAN SPEND THE MONEY
YOU HATE YOUR JOB BUT YOUR NIGHTS ARE SUNNY
PARTY ALL NIGHT TILL MORNING LIGHT
Comments
- ofishell - 2013-02-10 @ 10:53am
Max, this one doesn't suck. It has a Leonard-Cohen-meets-Johnny-Cash vibe. I really like the chords on "Party all night." The desperation of the character really comes through.
- ferry0123 - 2013-02-10 @ 11:16am
A pretty bass line and some variance in drums can do wonders and I suspect in this song it will work and give you new inspiration to reshape a little.
- David Beukes - 2013-02-10 @ 11:41am
I agree with ofishell, you're clearly the bastard lovechild of Cohen and Cash.
- AXL - 2013-02-12 @ 03:53pm
Oh, you wrote a song, a song called Party, Party Girl ;-) I think the chord change over Party all night is great. A real ear catcher. In my head the melody wants to be developed even a bit further into a third part. This definitely has potential and isn't sucky at all. (sorry for the U2 reference. I just couldn' resist :-) )
- lauralu - 2013-02-12 @ 10:41pm
cohen, cash, and a little bit of cave, too. i dig it!
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:32pm
Catchy, the energy of the music suits the lyrics too.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:55pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
10. YOU KNOW ME
2013-02-10 @ 04:13pm
tags: diy acoustic punk
Lyrics
I WISH I COULD GET AWAY WITH IT
AND USE SOME FUNNY JOKES
AND HIDE FROM THE TRUTH BE TOLD
BUT YOU SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME
CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THAT
YOU KNOW IT'S A FACT
YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE
EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF
YEAH, YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE
EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF
YES IT WOULD BE PLAIN STUPID
TO BEAT AROUND THE BUSH
NO WAY! THAT WON'T WORK
DISCUSSION TECHNIQUES
WON'T HELP AT ALL
OH, I'M OKAY WITH THAT
YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE
EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF
OH, YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE
EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF
YEAH, YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE
EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF
YEAH, YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE
EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF
Comments
- Rootscauseway - 2013-02-10 @ 04:17pm
ah man this is great chief....the doubled/harmoned vocal is klasse and its rockin upbeatness is the business...great tune dude..
- headfirstonly - 2013-02-10 @ 04:33pm
There's so much energy in this one it sounds amazing - like you cloned yourself a dozen times and then all went down to the pub to record it!
- sonicdeatheagle - 2013-02-11 @ 06:59am
A great pub sing-a-long!
- Nick Dickies - 2013-02-11 @ 02:51pm
This is what NOFX must sound like unplugged!
- tinam - 2013-02-17 @ 10:28am
you sound like a whole pub full of maxs here ....buying yourself a drink must have cost a fortune! :) yes its a great singalong & a great listen....your songs never hang around to long they always finish leaving me wanting a bit more which is the way it should be ..& there always so perectly formed aswell
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:34pm
I like the pub song vibe of this one!
- Chip Withrow - 2013-02-27 @ 10:40pm
Singalong fun! I love the extra vocals - great barroom feel. Lots of punk gusto in the singing and strumming.
- sueawesome - 2013-02-28 @ 02:40am
This reminds me of nights spent in/around CBGB in NYC....um 20+ years ago. Blast from past in so many ways....cool work!
- lieke - 2013-02-28 @ 05:25pm
Ha ha, great fun! I like the 'drunk' feel to it, very amusing!
- jonniegrunge - 2013-03-02 @ 02:26am
This is awesome. It's just got a great live sound to it, and I love the almost "drunken chorus of singers" vocal approach on this. This is very Mike Ness. I really dig thsi song so so much. It's completely stuck in my head. Downloaded.
- samsorrow - 2013-03-08 @ 05:11pm
This is great. It has such a great energy and it feels live as others have pointed out. It's also fun to sing along with. I am glad I found this today.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:55pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
11. PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
2013-02-11 @ 06:34pm
tags: diy acoustic punk
Lyrics
WHO TOLD YOU SHE SHOULD HAVE SHAVED
WHY YOU WEAR THOSE NIKES ON YOUR FEET
IS WHAT YOU WANT REALLY WHAT YOU NEED
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
WHO TOLD YOU YOUR SOUL WILL BE SAVED
WHY DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE
WHAT MADE YOU SO SURE, YET SO NAIVE
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
IF YOU WERE BORN IN A DIFFERENT PLACE
OR YOU WOULD HANG OUT WITH OTHER MATES
IF SOMEONE ELSE WAS THE ONE WHO RAISED YOU
YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT
WHAT MAKES YOU BUY AND PLAY ALONG
ARE YOU COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO CHOOSE
BLINDED BY THE ADS AND NEWS
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I GOT IT WRONG
WHO ARE YOU AND WHO AM I
EVERYBODY'S LIVING THEIR OWN LIE
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
OH NO! IT'S PLANTED, PLANTED IN YOUR HEAD
IF YOU WERE BORN IN A DIFFERENT PLACE
OR YOU WOULD HANG OUT WITH OTHER MATES
IF SOMEONE ELSE WAS THE ONE WHO RAISED YOU
YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- cyrion - 2013-02-11 @ 06:49pm
Haha, this song is so true! (I do like her shaved tho) :P You're almost there also, pretty awesome!
- tinam - 2013-02-11 @ 06:53pm
omg your song has got planted in my head ..i cant stop singing it ! a great catchy song.... i love your vocals as always & a very strong message that is quite frightening & makes you question exactkly how do you find the truth
- David Beukes - 2013-02-11 @ 07:17pm
WOOOOOOOOO! Love this!
- Michael Aquino - 2013-02-18 @ 06:14am
It sure is! Catchy tune, with a slammin' rhythm. Fun listen.
- sapient - 2013-02-18 @ 08:50pm
I agree. Great message, and I love the delivery...! *bounces round the cave*
- Mike Debenham - 2013-02-21 @ 01:38am
Preach it, Max. Top stuff.
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:37pm
I love the way this song flows, verse and chorus fit together splendidly, and again your vocal harmonies are top notch. This one is both fun and profound!
- Nick Dickies - 2013-02-25 @ 04:05pm
This song is a social critique on public perception and the role of culture clash in modern society (well that's what I hear). I really like this "acoustic punk" genre! :D
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-28 @ 01:07pm
Excellent... great message in the lyrics, really well delivered with tons of energy and attitude. I listened again just to hear the <chuck><chuck> break between parts in the middle. It added even more tension. I can hear the entire bar singing that chorus along with you. Awesome. :)
- ferry0123 - 2013-03-01 @ 12:20am
Great song Max. Cool drive in your strumming and thoughtful lyrics. A mini bridge maybe, as an extra? Just a thought. Well done!
- arkka - 2013-03-05 @ 10:58pm
I was just thinking about this stuff earlier today and now I'm even deeper :) Nice! One of those songs that make you think.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:55pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
12. YOUR ENERGY
2013-02-13 @ 05:39pm
tags: diy challenge earthsong singer-songwriter
Lyrics
DEAR MOTHER EARTH
WHAT HAVE WE DONE?
WE TAKE FROM YOU
WHAT COMES FROM THE SUN
I AM TO BLAME
WE DID SOMETHING WRONG
WRONG WRONG
WRONG WRONG TERRIBLY WRONG
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY SORRY
ON BEHALF OF THE FOOLS
WHO SLOWLY KILL YOU
WITH CHEMICALS AND TOOLS
STILL DO THE SAME
WHILE SOURCES RUN OUT
OUT OUT COMPLETELY OUT
WE DON'T TREAT YOU LIKE WE SHOULD
AND I'M NOT PROUD OF IT
DEAR MOTHER EARTH I'M SO SORRY
DEAR MOTHER EARTH I'M REALLY SORRY
FOR WHAT WE HAVE DONE
DONE DONE TO YOU
I SEE THE EFFECTS
OF OUR HUNGER AND GREED
WE DIG AND WE DRILL
TAKING YOUR ENERGY
I FEEL ASHAMED
WE'VE GONE TOO FAR
FAR FAR
FAR FAR HOW STUPID WE ARE
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- Mannyc53 - 2013-02-13 @ 05:57pm
Excellent Max! Great to hear you again.
- frisbee - 2013-02-13 @ 05:58pm
I like your voice, it goes great with the style. good tune
- JRamoneWI - 2013-02-13 @ 07:10pm
Good Lou Reed / Johnny Cash singing style here. And great sentiment. Rock on! \m/
- Donna - 2013-02-14 @ 10:08am
Really fine take on the theme, Max. :) The low pitch of your voice here suits the song well.
- jamesstaubes - 2013-02-15 @ 12:32pm
I'm hearing a Leonard Cohen thing. Good stuff.
- tinam - 2013-02-17 @ 10:22am
yes you do sound like lou reed id never noticed that before.. ..i was hoping youd repeat the bit with the 2 counterpoint voices i realy liked that bit i also realy liked the comnbination of piano & banjo :)
- cyrion - 2013-02-18 @ 10:24am
Man I want a banjo too! ;) I really like the arrangement and the harmonies in the chorus! Such a relaxing listen.. Great work Max!
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:43pm
I love the repetition at the end of each verse - wrong, wrong wrong; out, out out; done, done, done... Really well done. I also loved the second vocal that comes in with "we don't treat you like we should and I'm not proud of it." Brilliant take on an upsetting subject Max.
- Flo Paris - 2013-03-01 @ 03:46pm
Oh Max...these lyrics are so personal to me. I'm studying conservation and ecology and trying to blend that with art/music/writing, and I appreciate this song SO much. Truly, well done. Love the chord progression, the banjo, the vocals, and the lyrics. Great job.
- Roy Estel Hughes - 2013-03-01 @ 10:55pm
I feel the need for this song. I see it around me every day. Great song, great message, another fine creation, max!
- sentense - 2013-03-10 @ 11:22am
What a great voice!
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:55pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
13. FRIDAY
2013-02-21 @ 12:10am
tags: diy edm dance fun fridaynightedm challenge daysweek
Lyrics
FEEL ALRIGHT
Comments
- ductapeguy - 2013-02-21 @ 01:30am
I'm a 3 chord folkie, what do I know about EDM? But there is a nice progression through the song. I love the concept of a 2 word song with all the nice variations you made.
- cyrion - 2013-02-21 @ 07:06am
Haha, I hope you broke through that wall and come out with a killer 14th song Max! Good luck!
- sapient - 2013-02-22 @ 04:29pm
We started dancing to this. And then I walloped my knee on the chair...ow! Laura's still bopping about around me though. And laughing. At me. :p It must be Friday.
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-22 @ 10:47pm
Ha-ha! I'm glad you were wrong when you said your first EDM "What's Going On?" (http://fawm.org/songs/757) was probably your last! If you tell me you are getting a job as a DJ in a club in Amsterdam I may need to book a flight and join the party!
- emkeev - 2013-03-02 @ 08:24pm
NNN TSS NNN TSS NNN TSS !!! I would love to dance to this at a techno contra dance. Like heck you're not good at this genre.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:56pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
14. YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD
2013-02-28 @ 12:36am
tags: diy singer-songwriter
.
Lyrics
YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD TO ME
YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD
DON'T RUSH NOW TAKE IT SLOW SLOW
NO I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO GO
STAY DON'T SAY GOODBYE, NO NO
OH
Some rights reserved. © Max Vanremmerden / vanremmerdenmusic 2013
Comments
- wickedmessenger1 - 2013-02-28 @ 12:42am
This song helps remind me that there have been plenty of huge hits with lyrics no more numerous or complex than this. This song succeeds with its excellent vibe and music that give the lyrics an expanded depth.
- randyxpher - 2013-02-28 @ 12:45am
Very cool sounding! Simple but effective. Of course starting with a nice beat like that, you're off to a good start... I like how the vocals get layered towards the end. Good listen!
- alboe - 2013-02-28 @ 08:17am
Great song, nice groove, sounds like a hit.
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-28 @ 12:49pm
I really love that guitar groove, added to with the insistent shaker. The verses have a very cool mix of the fast guitar groove and the very slow vocals. These two parts work SO well together. Really cool song, especially in it's simplicity. :)
- Aaron Zvi - 2013-03-04 @ 12:57am
Super catchy. The dual vocal works really well. Sounds plucked right from a movie. Great groove - keeps your attention.
- dustymason - 2013-03-04 @ 01:56pm
Very organic as always. Simple lyrics have the feel of mantra or prayer on this one. The driving rhythm guitar with quarter-speed vocals atop work well to achieve that effect I think.
- Michael Aquino - 2013-03-07 @ 06:00am
So many lovely layers here, Max. Simple but effective. Catchy and exciting listen. Thanks!
- Chip Withrow - 2013-03-11 @ 05:53pm
This song brightened my mood so much! (I was in a pretty good mood to begin with, actually, but this song sure made me smile.) I love the jangly guitar/percussion vibe, and all the vocal swoops and turns are delightful. This is a song I would love to cover.
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:56pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
15. REUNION
2013-03-01 @ 11:59am
tags: diy singer-songwriter
Lyrics
FAMILIAR FACES, IT'S BEEN DECADES SINCE WE'VE MET
OH WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME, NOTHING BUT GOOD MEMORIES
I REMEMBER THAT SMILE, THAT SMILE FROM THE PAST
IT ALL COMES BACK
IT ALL COMES BACK NOW
NOT THE REUNION I HAD IN MIND
IT'S NOT ALWAYS PLEASANT TO TRAVEL IN TIME
FOR MANY YEARS I ONLY REPLAYED THE BEST BITS
LIKE A BROKEN RECORD REPEATING JUST ONE LINE
IT ALL COMES BACK
IT ALL COMES BACK NOW
NOT THE REUNION I HAD IN MIND
IT'S NOT ALWAYS PLEASANT TO TRAVEL IN TIME
SO HERE I AM NOW, COMPLETELY AMAZED
TURNS OUT A LOT OF QUESTIONS ARE RAISED
QUITE OVERWHELMING, I'D LIKE TO ESCAPE
JUST LIKE MY MIND DID BACK IN THOSE DAYS
IT ALL COMES BACK
IT ALL COMES BACK NOW
NOT THE REUNION I HAD IN MIND
IT'S NOT ALWAYS PLEASANT TO TRAVEL IN TIME
Comments
- ductapeguy - 2013-03-01 @ 12:20pm
I like the sentiment. The banjo works well in the chorus.
- ferry0123 - 2013-03-01 @ 02:01pm
Banjo does a great job indeed. Some strings might work too in my mind :) Nice one, sentiment being reminiscent of Radiohead.
- Flo Paris - 2013-03-01 @ 03:47pm
So pretty! I think we can all relate to the lyrics as well. Really love the banjo here.
- theresaj - 2013-03-01 @ 10:39pm
Really thoughtful lyrics. Great delivery and flow. I really like the melody!
- ellen liss - 2013-03-02 @ 01:55am
oh, SO gorgeous. so bittersweet. i *love* this song! wonderfully performed.
- leopluradon - 2013-03-02 @ 07:09pm
Great melody, and I love the story the lyrics tell.
- jacniceli - 2013-03-03 @ 12:31am
I'd like it with a faster tempo
- Kim o the Concrete Jungle - 2013-03-03 @ 09:55am
Your voice is a good match for this kind of song.
- Dan Hilton - 2013-03-05 @ 09:01am
I really like this. The instrumentation works really well (the banjo kicking in is particularly effective). Your vocal delivery is great too (reminds me of Ed Harcourt crossed with Lou Reed). Great lyrics too. Good job :-)
- Tessa Emily - 2013-03-08 @ 05:43am
Bittersweet and nostalgic. Even though it's only been like three years since I left school, I can totally relate to this. You get caught in the trap of thinking it was all good times, until something happens which brings all the other memories back and you realise that you're glad that that part of your life is over!
- wyatt - 2013-03-10 @ 02:06pm
A good trip down memory lane. Yeah, we do tend to romanticize it till something jolts us out ot that routine As far as critique, I'd likt to hear the chorus "Kicked up" a bit from the verses
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:56pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
16. CLOSING TIME
2013-03-01 @ 11:59am
tags: diy pub piano-punk ska-stomp curfew barflies
"Could you please go home boys and girls, we're closing"
Lyrics
WE SURE HAD A GOOD TIME BUT HERE IT ENDS
I HEAR YOU TO CALL IT A DAY
IF ONLY WE COULD GO ON AND NEVER STOP
WHY NOT CONTINUE AND STAY
OH YOU'RE TELLING US THIS IS IT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
ARE YOU SURE WE REALLY NEED TO QUIT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
OH WE'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME
PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT END
WHERE YOU WANT US TO GO THEN
ME AND MY FRIENDS
DAMN, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING
CAN'T YOU SEE WE'RE HAVING A BALL
I DIDN'T EVEN HEAR YOU
SHOUTING 'LAST CALL"
OH YOU'RE TELLING US THIS IS IT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
ARE YOU SURE WE REALLY NEED TO QUIT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
YOU KNOW WE LOVE YOU AND THIS IS OUR HOME
WHY DO YOU WANT US TO GET OUT
F**K, YOUR SERIOUS, SORRY MY FRIEND
I DIDN'T MEAN TO SHOUT OUT LOUD
DAMN, IT'S OVER, THIS IS IT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
TIME TO END IT, TIME TO QUIT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
THANKS FOR HAVING A GREAT TIME
I HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE REALLY KIND
IT'S BEEN GREAT I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS ONE
WE DID PAY OUR TAB RIGHT?
JEEZ, WHAT A GREAT NIGHT
WE'RE DOING FINE WE HAD SO MUCH FUN
IT'S OVER, THIS IS IT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
TIME TO END IT, TIME TO QUIT
NO, WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW
OH WE HAD A GOOD TIME
BUT GOOD TIMES DO END
YOU'RE ALWAYS TREATING US NICE
ME AND MY FRIENDS
I KNOW YOU'RE NOT KIDDING
WE SURE HAD A BALL
NOW DID YOU REALLY ANNOUNCE
ANNOUNCE THE "LAST CALL"?
Comments
- ductapeguy - 2013-03-01 @ 12:07pm
And with that Max, you cross the finish line. You could tighten up the intro by about half. The sentiments are great. Thanks for all the hijinks you have done on the forums. It has really helped build community spirit and helped to motivate people.
- Major Major Major Major - 2013-03-01 @ 12:41pm
Congrats, Max! A fitting last song, with an appropriately raucous feel, and the 'sorries' at the end are hilarious. Good luck getting me to leave, though :D
- Steven Davies - 2013-03-01 @ 12:42pm
Onya Max for being lucky last! I'm sure you were last year too?! Well done on coming last!! Great upbeat way to end FAWM 2013! I love this!! I had a blast listening and playing and its artists such as you that have kept me coming back year after years for years and years now!
- Karan - 2013-03-01 @ 01:03pm
Great stuff! Sounds like "last orders" in the pub after a very merry evening. Cider, anyone? ;-)
- debbie - 2013-03-01 @ 01:10pm
a great end to a great thing. love this song. it does kind of sum it up well. kind of happy and sad. what we gonna do now? yes cider sounds good. xx
- sueawesome - 2013-03-01 @ 01:26pm
MAX!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......no really.... LOVE THIS!!!! What a freaking party all wrapped up in a song! I nominate this for fawmpilation! Period. This is that exit song to an awesome movie, showing the last scene with everyone obliterated in adrenaline and bliss...they roll credits and you walk away with this song and this happy in your head. You are AWESOME.
- dustymason - 2013-03-01 @ 03:28pm
He HAS to close, Max. Burr could lose his license. That's good fun brother.
- headfirstonly - 2013-03-01 @ 04:42pm
Perfect sentiments for what appears to be the last song uploaded to FAWM this year. I know exactly how you feel. (Raises glass) Cheers, Max!
- alboe - 2013-03-01 @ 06:03pm
Great fun, enjoyed it a lot.
- Bijou Basil - 2013-03-01 @ 06:25pm
Great ending song ;) Fun!
- DogLatin - 2013-03-01 @ 06:32pm
This tune echos melodies and sounds of many favorite artists of mine -- I had to look and your "influences" section, and I can see why. It's a great anthem for the end of a fantastic event, uplifting, thank YOU!
- arthurrossi - 2013-03-01 @ 08:43pm
I agree... Lovely sentiment, great musical treatment of the beautifully crafted lyrics... The words flow perfectly, I like this special kind of mix of serene and more thoughtful elements...
- Roy Estel Hughes - 2013-03-01 @ 10:37pm
Hey this is a great last song, and as it turns out... it WAS the last song that made it into Fawm this year. Quite suitable I say. This has tremendous energy, love the banjo and especially the words and vocals telling our fawm story so eloquently. It has been a fun year, has it not? I don't want to quit either... lucky for me, I still have some uploads and edits to do for existing songs. Happy Fawm Listening!
- ellen liss - 2013-03-02 @ 01:57am
thanks for closing us out, Max! it was a great party!
- kahlo2013 - 2013-03-02 @ 03:48am
Great farewell song! Thanks for closing us out with this!
- roddy - 2013-03-02 @ 09:30am
Isn't it great that the last song on Fawm is one of the very best! A really memorable tune with Beatle type piano and very apt and sincere lyrics. "Closing Time" is such a good title. It reminded me of a line by Cyril Connolly "It is closing time in the gardens of the West and from now on an artist will be judged only by the resonance of his solitude or the quality of his despair.â€
- daveed - 2013-03-02 @ 02:29pm
Love the song and the 'diy pub'. :-)
- sapient - 2013-03-03 @ 08:35am
What a HUGE song to end with! :D Everything ends, but it doesn't mean we have to like it. We should play this at the end of every FAWM from now on.
- Meadows - 2013-03-03 @ 09:21am
Oh yes, I had a great time listening to this awesome track. And no chance to close me out, I'll press replay. hahahah! :D Thank you Max.
- Kim o the Concrete Jungle - 2013-03-03 @ 09:54am
There's good production values in this. And it's very courageous of you to go posting right up to the line. I chickened out and put up my last song before the demo was finished.
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-03-04 @ 11:28am
OK @max! I'll applaud! A good semi-drunken pub closure, very apt. I regret I had to leave early.
- wander - 2013-03-06 @ 06:27pm
Sounds like four Max's waving us goodbye. Do you have three identical brothers? I really like the short musical interlude and the song is very catchy. You sure know how to write special songs for special occasions (opening and closing fawm, unbustable zong songs), which is cool and adds to the good feeling here at fawm.
- sherrycanary@Sherry Somach - 2013-03-08 @ 03:47pm
Max, I agree with Sapient. What a great song to end FAWM with. Also, great closing time at the bar song too :-) What we're gonna do now? Check people out and keep the spirit going!
- sentense - 2013-03-10 @ 11:17am
Great last words! Good bye and hear you again :-)
- kris - 2013-03-10 @ 04:27pm
Great song!
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-11 @ 05:57pm
Thanks for listening. Bye bye !
Soundboard Messages
- Michael Epic - 2013-01-30 @ 11:41pm
Its time to come back to FAWM.ORG and share with us another magnum opus....seriously. I can't wait to see what you got this year.
- petra777 (XEW) (Scars & Ashes) - 2013-01-31 @ 12:29am
*waves*
- tinam - 2013-01-31 @ 04:47am
hi max! is your face realy square?
- Adam Follett - 2013-01-31 @ 04:48am
..and to you sir!
- Vom Vorton - 2013-01-31 @ 05:03am
Merry FAWMsmas eve to you!
- French Cricket - 2013-01-31 @ 05:04am
And you sir
- blindkiwi - 2013-01-31 @ 05:08am
Thank you Max, and may all your Fawms bear fruit too
- third time lucy - 2013-01-31 @ 05:15am
another year, another fawm!
- lonelyrobot - 2013-01-31 @ 05:15am
Happy FAWMday to you good Sir!
- Donna - 2013-01-31 @ 05:18am
Hoi, Max! :)
- kidd - 2013-01-31 @ 05:25am
All the best Max, looking forward to your output this year!
- Timothy Bracken - 2013-01-31 @ 05:26am
Thank you! Can't wait to hear what you come up with this time! This truly is my favorite time of year.
- sapient - 2013-01-31 @ 05:28am
Thanks Max - I can't believe it's that time of the year again! :D
- Nick Dickies - 2013-01-31 @ 05:29am
It's on!
- Juha Keranen - 2013-01-31 @ 05:31am
You too! Make daddy proud! ;D
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-01-31 @ 05:54am
Good to be back !
- Ant Lion - 2013-01-31 @ 05:56am
veel succes...!
- cts (The Jelly Factory) - 2013-01-31 @ 06:02am
...and once again it's back on! Best of FAWMing to you, Max!
- Magnus - 2013-01-31 @ 06:04am
Thank you, Max! Happy FAWMing to you too!
- musicsongwriter - 2013-01-31 @ 06:06am
Thank you Max, happy FAWMing :)
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-01-31 @ 06:13am
1.75 hours to go! then we'll see what my tired brain can channel...(but I won't try to open the show, that's a MAXercise!)
- Crispy - 2013-01-31 @ 06:17am
Max! We need to get dance track Fridays going again, my friend.
- kristian - 2013-01-31 @ 06:18am
and to you!
- Wobbie Wobbit - 2013-01-31 @ 06:19am
you too Max, have a good one :)
- lieke - 2013-01-31 @ 06:34am
thanx Max! have fun! x lieke
- wander - 2013-01-31 @ 06:35am
Wish you and us all a lot of fun and pleasure Max!
- dustymason - 2013-01-31 @ 06:49am
Fawm-a-lot? Happy 2/1
- L.H.Cisco - 2013-01-31 @ 07:05am
Sup man?! Happy FAWMing to you sir! Do work son.
- charlie - 2013-01-31 @ 07:08am
Max! :-)
- AXL - 2013-01-31 @ 07:26am
Hey Max! Good to be back!
- gerrybhoy - 2013-01-31 @ 07:28am
Max, let's get Smithing!
- Eric - 2013-01-31 @ 07:29am
Thanks! And to you too!
- Outasync - 2013-01-31 @ 07:32am
Hi! I hope you have a good FAWM. Thanks for dropping by my board.
- oddbod - 2013-01-31 @ 07:55am
Cheers Max, good to see you here again this year
- cyrion - 2013-01-31 @ 07:57am
Dankjewel Max! Jij ook succes! See you at the Jet Lounge! ;)
- Michael Aquino - 2013-01-31 @ 08:06am
May your February be FAWMtastic!
- Greg Lines - 2013-01-31 @ 08:37am
Thanks for the message Max. Looking forward to hearing your work!
- Nick Sypniewski - 2013-01-31 @ 08:41am
And a happy FAWM to you as well, sir.
- Tobermory - 2013-01-31 @ 08:43am
Ah Max. I'm going to enjoy myself this year! Hope you do too!
- managerjohn - 2013-01-31 @ 08:46am
Max, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this year! Always love your stuff, man.
- Flo Paris - 2013-01-31 @ 08:57am
Hi Max! Can't wait to hear what you come up with this year:)
- Echo Voodoo - 2013-01-31 @ 09:02am
Happy FAWMing, Max.
- Robyn Mackenzie - 2013-01-31 @ 09:24am
And the same to you, sir!
- Chasing Andromeda - 2013-01-31 @ 09:29am
Have an awesome FAWM!!
- joy212 - 2013-01-31 @ 09:36am
Happy FAWM to you too!! :)
- Daniel Jacob - 2013-01-31 @ 09:58am
Looking forward to yer creations, Max!
- sebastian6 - 2013-01-31 @ 10:36am
Max. It was really nice to see your message when I logged in today. Thanks for the encouragement. I look forward to trading songs with you!
- devin - 2013-01-31 @ 10:47am
Thanks Max! I look forward to your stuff as always!!
- Rootscauseway - 2013-01-31 @ 10:54am
thanks Max....best of luck this february....have fun...
- musicsongwriter - 2013-01-31 @ 11:02am
Hi Max :)
- Phil Bearce - 2013-01-31 @ 11:14am
Looking forward to Maxtunes!
- Corinne Curcio - 2013-01-31 @ 11:42am
Happy FAWMing to you too Max!
- John Natiw - 2013-01-31 @ 12:18pm
Rock it out, Max!
- Dillon Richards - 2013-01-31 @ 12:32pm
Same to you, Max! Have fun! :D
- explodingmary - 2013-01-31 @ 12:48pm
I await your muse musings with a spoon at the ready.
- Winlock Toledo - 2013-01-31 @ 12:56pm
Good tidings to you as well Max!
- Jacob Morales - 2013-01-31 @ 01:18pm
Thanks Max. As always, looking forward to the good tunez you will put out.
- paulotteson - 2013-01-31 @ 01:32pm
Same to you Max!
- Scott McBride - 2013-01-31 @ 01:37pm
Thanks Max! Happy fawming to you as well!
- derekburkins - 2013-01-31 @ 01:37pm
Thanks, Max! Looking forward to hearing all the great songs again this year. . .
- Sarah Wynia Smith - 2013-01-31 @ 01:49pm
Happy fawmtide to you as well. Looking forward to hearing what you've got this year!
- Errol - 2013-01-31 @ 01:49pm
ALLLOOOO Max! You know what's weird, I know your name here, and I see you on FB, but it's still hard for me to connect the two because I recognize this avatar. :D
- Tinkerbell - 2013-01-31 @ 03:00pm
Happy FAWM to you too, Max!
- orinoco - 2013-01-31 @ 03:26pm
Hello! Nice to see you hear again - have a good one :-)
- Frances - 2013-01-31 @ 03:51pm
Hey Max! I'm here and raring to go - it's gonna be a good one!
- phlex - 2013-01-31 @ 04:00pm
Max! Max! Max! It's gonna be Rad!
- expendablefriend - 2013-01-31 @ 04:06pm
Howdy Max! it wouldn't be FAWM without you :)
- Phil Henry - 2013-01-31 @ 04:13pm
Thanks! Happy FAWMeve!
- Jodi Arlyn - 2013-01-31 @ 04:14pm
Yes!! To you as well Max! Welcome back! :-D
- jonniegrunge - 2013-01-31 @ 05:20pm
Hey Max! Glad to see you're back again this FAWM!
- Rachelle Wells - 2013-01-31 @ 06:16pm
Hey Max! happy fawming :)
- Katie Robinson - 2013-01-31 @ 06:27pm
Thank you! And good luck!
- Neil - 2013-01-31 @ 06:49pm
Thanks Max - Your spidey senses are correct, I am in the vicinity. Completely unprepared but in the area if not in the zone - strings on my guitar are several years old!
- Steffan Pitzel - 2013-01-31 @ 06:52pm
Back ATCHA!
- The Cool Side of Your Pillow - 2013-01-31 @ 07:11pm
Thanks, I'm watchlisting you too, see if I can learn something from the master ;)
- toms - 2013-01-31 @ 07:13pm
Rock!!!! :D
- Matt Pierce - 2013-01-31 @ 07:23pm
Lookin' forward to hearing you again this year!
- Dan Wallbank - 2013-01-31 @ 07:26pm
You too, man!
- Postcard Helicopters - 2013-01-31 @ 07:29pm
Happy FAWM to you, too, Max! :-)
- J. Piccirillo - 2013-01-31 @ 07:29pm
Equally a happy fawming to you as well !
- Girls In Uniform - 2013-01-31 @ 08:11pm
Hey Max! Let's do this thing!
- Scott O. Clamp - 2013-01-31 @ 08:19pm
Happy FAWM to the Max!
- T.C. Elliott - 2013-01-31 @ 08:20pm
Thanks, Max. You, too.
- JenNifer Longworth - 2013-01-31 @ 08:34pm
Thanks! I'll be watching you ;-)
- Kevin Emmrich - 2013-01-31 @ 08:40pm
That's a lot of influences listed up there. I still remember that collection of 5-secong songs -- that was brilliant!
- Todd Chappelle - 2013-01-31 @ 08:42pm
Thank you, Max. Happy FAWMing to you also.
- Erik Didriksen - 2013-01-31 @ 09:24pm
And the happiest of FAWMs to you too, my good man!
- Missile Wings - 2013-01-31 @ 09:24pm
Looking forward to hearing the new stuff!
- John Crossman - 2013-01-31 @ 09:32pm
Right back at you, Max, you rocking nederlander!
- Valerie Cox - 2013-01-31 @ 10:02pm
Hi Max!
- Wendy Lynn Staats - 2013-01-31 @ 10:08pm
Thanks and Happy FAWMing to you too, Max!
- boyatheart - 2013-01-31 @ 10:17pm
Thanks for the message and happy FAWMing to you too. I'm not sure if I have any chance this year of getting any FAWMing done, but I'll try!
- Leslie Hudson - 2013-01-31 @ 10:28pm
I feel like I'm reciprocating a Christmas card: and a Joyous FAWMing to you and yours, Max!
- Tim Wille - 2013-01-31 @ 11:33pm
Right back at ya, Max! Good luck!
- Kevin Reid - 2013-02-01 @ 12:00am
Thanks, Max! Looking forward to your songs this year.
- hoops - 2013-02-01 @ 12:17am
Thanks, Max. Have a great FAWM too!
- Taylor Tay - 2013-02-01 @ 12:30am
Thank you for the welcome! Looking forward as ever to your output :)
- Lara - 2013-02-01 @ 01:15am
Thanks, Max! Good to see you back. Happy fawming!
- Chriddof - 2013-02-01 @ 02:45am
Happy fawming to you too!
- websheldon - 2013-02-01 @ 04:15am
Happy Fawming!! :D
- Dan Wallbank - 2013-02-01 @ 06:30am
Thanks Max! If anything I really overuse that rhyme scheme, I need to break out of it! I'll give your track a listen when I can - FAWMing from work right now, haha
- Simon Waldram - 2013-02-01 @ 06:36am
Thanks Max! Happy Fawming to you too! :-)
- ferry0123 - 2013-02-01 @ 06:39am
Hey Max, thanks. First song already.. good one!
- Mike Debenham - 2013-02-01 @ 06:59am
Cheers Max. You too.
- Todd Norem - 2013-02-01 @ 09:48am
Here we go! Good luck with everything.
- The Vinyl Flies - 2013-02-01 @ 10:10am
Happy 2013 MAX!
- Jen Distad - 2013-02-01 @ 10:42am
Hey Max. Thanks for the kind words! (= Congrats on getting a song up on day one. I'm looking forward to giving it a listen soon (when I get some time near speakers...). Cheers. (=
- Nam June Robot - 2013-02-01 @ 12:07pm
Thanks and same to you!
- marklberry - 2013-02-01 @ 12:23pm
Max, I'm excited for FAWM 2013. Are you game for another collab? Working on a story for the June issue of Airways magazine that I will start writing companion-song lyrics for soon. Want to see the story "Jack and Ace" while I start digging lyrics out of my brain? What is your e-mail address? Cheers, marklberry
- Balance Lost - 2013-02-01 @ 01:34pm
Right back at ya big guy!
- Rick Amorphis - 2013-02-01 @ 02:11pm
Max!! With all your messages and what, 2 songs up already it looks like you've been fawming for a month! Welcome back...my listening starts NOW.
- katebirdrex - 2013-02-01 @ 03:59pm
Happy FAWM to you!!
- PlushBaby - 2013-02-01 @ 04:34pm
Thanx Max, hope you have a wonderful FAWM 2013!
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-02-02 @ 08:46am
Your steaming, Max!
- jamie?! - 2013-02-02 @ 06:19pm
Happy FAWMing to you as well!
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-03 @ 05:26am
And a fine sunday to you too sir! Let's keep smiling and writing. Thanks for stopping by again.
- Shay - 2013-02-03 @ 09:22am
Thank you so much Max : ) (And for the mention on the forums as well).
- Janus Mask - 2013-02-03 @ 07:44pm
Thank you.
- wander - 2013-02-04 @ 09:16am
Thanks for your reaction to my song Max. Yes I've been there, and the nearly 40 degrees drop in temperature left me with a severe bout of flu so by now I'm in the same boat as you all again, fighting the cold with songs songs and songs...
- Hoss Jaeger - 2013-02-04 @ 11:13am
Thanks for your kind comments, Max. :) I haven't gotten to listen to any of your stuff yet this year but from what I remember I liked what you put out there last year. As soon as I get some free time I'm gonna have to do some catching up...
- mojo - 2013-02-04 @ 12:37pm
Maheew!
- Katie Dwyer - 2013-02-04 @ 02:10pm
Thanks for the feedback! You were the only person thats given me a name suggestion, which is what i really need the most :)
- gerrybhoy - 2013-02-05 @ 02:11am
Max thank you for the very kind comments, i'm so glad you get it.
- caterwauler - 2013-02-05 @ 03:24pm
Merci beaucoup pour ton gentil commentaire :)
- explodingmary - 2013-02-05 @ 03:37pm
Thanks for the kind words, Max-- when a demo gets done, I shall alert you.
- Melissa Schiller - 2013-02-05 @ 03:47pm
thanks for the comment! :)
- davidkav - 2013-02-06 @ 10:27am
Hello, Max! Happy FAWM 2013!
- Katie Dwyer - 2013-02-06 @ 12:37pm
its funny you mentioned my diaphragm! after my first pregnancy my vibrato became easier to control and adjust. it was something i had never thought about! as of right now i can still use it but its difficult with the limited space :)
- The Cool Side of Your Pillow - 2013-02-06 @ 05:53pm
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad I wasn't there, it would have been cool to see Lucky Fonz III play. Good luck with creating!
- ange - 2013-02-07 @ 03:48pm
and a very happy FAWM 2013 to you too :) good to be back. x
- bong - 2013-02-07 @ 04:39pm
thanks for your comments on 'Something 'Bout A Goat' *1697. lyrics are up now.
- headfirstonly - 2013-02-08 @ 02:46pm
Thanks Max - hey, an album of FAWM songs sounds like a great idea!
- mattblick - 2013-02-08 @ 04:56pm
thanks for the comment Max - I will try it live, your encouragement about Let's Build An Airport was right on the money and now it's my most popular song
- the awkward sleep - 2013-02-08 @ 05:00pm
well i feel underaccomplished. seven songs already? shit.
- ange - 2013-02-10 @ 09:37am
Hey :) thanks for the listen and comment :) Happy FAWMing
- cyrion - 2013-02-11 @ 06:14am
Thanks for the kind words Max! I will definitely practice "you shouldn't let you down" for the party, it is one of my favorites too! ;) Oh and I'll change the tags! I'm curious to find out what your last 4 songs are going to be! Cheers!
- gerrybhoy - 2013-02-12 @ 04:42am
Hi Max, there is a remix of 'the war of the one eyed woman" I think you might like. https://soundcloud.com/gerrybhoy/the-war-of-the-one-eyed
- mattblick - 2013-02-12 @ 12:52pm
can you email me matt@mattblick.com would like to send you a song
- pedrocostamusic - 2013-02-12 @ 11:06pm
Thank you for your kind comments re: my song Is This Real. Cheers!
- pedrocostamusic - 2013-02-13 @ 08:19am
Thank you Max! Do you you have a link to their music?
- lieke - 2013-02-14 @ 03:17am
Ha ha, natuurlijk Max, we gaan naar Spinvis!!!
- Bijou Basil - 2013-02-16 @ 03:18pm
Wow! Thank you!
- Capricious Angel - 2013-02-16 @ 11:43pm
Thanks for your comment on 'monochrome rainbow' ^.^ ooh lots of capital letters on your page... XD i'll do my best to check out some of your songs tomorrow, but it's nearly midnight so bedtime for now :P :)
- wander - 2013-02-17 @ 10:40pm
Thanks Max! It was just a very bad flu which I used for artistic purposes. Good luck with your last two, looking forward to hear em.
- alboe - 2013-02-21 @ 12:12pm
Hi Max, thanks for your nice comment and yes of course it's about Rv/dV and SM
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-02-22 @ 10:22am
Come on Max, one more!
- Tim Fatchen - 2013-02-22 @ 12:07pm
I'll be back March 3 or 4, and if you _haven't_ got the slot, there will be...words... So write that song now, and polish it, and keep it ready! (worked for me ;))
- lieke - 2013-02-22 @ 03:31pm
Wauw Max, wat ga je snel! Ik zal binnenkort eens de tijd nemen om te luisteren. Ik heb de 13de april genoteerd in mijn agenda, als ik me zeker genoeg voel, ga ik meedoen!
- cyrion - 2013-02-22 @ 11:55pm
Hey Max, ik zal er zijn de 13e! Hoeveel nummers moet ik gaan oefenen? ;)
- AquaMunkee - 2013-02-23 @ 02:56am
Of course I listened to them all Max - I am a huge fan of your work! Really great stuff, and it looks like you will easily make 14 by the month's end so congrats in advance! I may or may not, I got a late start but I'm averaging about 1 song per day so... we will see!
- mojo - 2013-02-23 @ 12:25pm
Mrroeow! [Haha nice one. We steal this from you!]
- lieke - 2013-02-24 @ 12:32pm
Dank voor het voorstel, niet verkeerd, rijmt zelfs beter!
- 'Verse (Lauren Moore) - 2013-02-24 @ 02:42pm
Thanks so much for the forum mention, @max! We're definitely proud of everything we've come up with this month. :)
- Dirk Bag - 2013-02-25 @ 04:08pm
Hi Max, yes, it would be fun to do "don't take yourself too seriously" together at FAWM FOP....
- toms - 2013-02-27 @ 02:23am
I love this version, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmcjFu0yXmY
- toms - 2013-02-27 @ 03:27pm
Hey, that was good. It is a measure of cool if a guitarist knows the solo parts. :D
- ductapeguy - 2013-02-27 @ 04:03pm
You are evil and brilliant @max . ... Must ... resist... busting ... your ... ZONG. -- But for bragging rights-- I DID NOT BUST YOUR ZONG FIRST.
- fourlife - 2013-02-27 @ 04:25pm
Well...I suppose if you REALLY don't want it busted...I...I...should be going, then...I feel...almost purposeless...I think I shall go cry now ;)
- Jae Nadon - 2013-02-27 @ 05:09pm
I really want to bust your ZONG!! :) But, I'll respect your request.... *sigh*...
- Rick Amorphis - 2013-02-27 @ 05:16pm
"ONE ZONG WON'T HARM"...agreed. :)
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-27 @ 08:19pm
I'll honor you this way... hehe. Excellent idea. :)
- wander - 2013-02-27 @ 11:02pm
He he, I wonder about the zongbusting insights you got from your bandcamp stats. Busting without listening? Or listening less than 10%? You're playing hard to get here, everyone wants to bust your zong but you don't let them... Lest I forget: you're a winner! Congratulations max, well done! You fully deserve your eleven months rest.
- defaultdave - 2013-02-27 @ 11:39pm
So this is how you get multiple comments, you evil evil genius, haha!
- sueawesome - 2013-02-28 @ 01:40am
Delete...repost....delete....repost. I'm onto you!!! Consider yourself busted. You're like a Fawm Player. I hope you're proud of yourself.
- sueawesome - 2013-02-28 @ 01:41am
:)
- Wolf Kier - 2013-02-28 @ 04:22am
:) Wolf
- darcistrutt - 2013-02-28 @ 04:59am
You are a nut!
- ZeCoop - 2013-02-28 @ 12:40pm
Thanks for the very nice comment on my #14 - that one was fun. I'm looking forward to lots of listening now. Can't wait to dig into more of yours, they are always great. :)
- Capricious Angel - 2013-02-28 @ 01:55pm
soooo much temptation to bust that zong... XD dw, i'll try and keep a hold on my self-control ;)
- Nick Dickies - 2013-02-28 @ 10:16pm
Oh no, someone busted that ZONG! :O
- French Cricket - 2013-03-01 @ 12:09am
Thanks Max, and congrats to you as a fellow winner. HAPPY GLOW :D
- PlushBaby - 2013-03-01 @ 11:00am
Hi Max, we have written but not much finished...might have a few up later, congrats on another great fawm! PB
- Jae Nadon - 2013-03-01 @ 01:45pm
FWIW - I like the "Don't Bust My Zong" song... it's catchy!
- The Cool Side of Your Pillow - 2013-03-01 @ 03:05pm
Thanks Max! I was surprised myself that I could write that song :P. Like your last song too. You should get a band together if you don't have one yet, I think songs like 'Puzzle in My Mind' deserve to be played with a complete band live.
- Jon Sherling - 2013-03-02 @ 04:27pm
Thanks for listening to *6641 (Hold On), Max, and for your kind words.
- theinvisible - 2013-03-02 @ 06:52pm
Thanks for the kind comments on the Elvis Costello thing. Very much digging your stuff as well! Also, I knew I was in for a treat when I saw your list of influences... it may as well be a list of my record collection :) P.S. No problems with your English either;)
- alboe - 2013-03-02 @ 08:26pm
Hi, glad you liked "Cup drumming" .
- dustymason - 2013-03-04 @ 02:22pm
Max, thanks so much for your kind comment on They Call Call Me Late *9464. I think it was my favorite of FAWM 2013, and the song most outside my normal range as a writer.
- French Cricket - 2013-03-04 @ 11:31pm
Thanks Max really appreciate your nice comments - Your English is great don't worry :)
- Michael Aquino - 2013-03-05 @ 04:23pm
Gracias, Señor! Had fun creating Gapara with @jennibee.
- DogLatin - 2013-03-06 @ 02:25pm
Thanks for the comments, that was mighty fine of you!
- Shannon Winnonah - 2013-03-07 @ 01:55am
Thank of comment. You share name of baby Max. I smile. You good Fawming.
- ange - 2013-03-07 @ 11:18am
Thanks for all of your lovely comments this year, sorry i've not been around. maybe next year eh? happy March! x
- MAX VANREMMERDEN - 2013-03-15 @ 10:38pm
http://maxvanremmerden.bandcamp.com/album/puzzle
